Developing healthcare careers for the region from within the community.
Lawrence + Memorial Hospital is committed to "Improving the Health of the Region". We realize that this means taking a proactive role in ensuring that the region has the number of healthcare workers necessary to accomplish this ambitious goal.
Please explore our many opportunities and see how much Lawrence + Memorial Hospital has to offer.
Lawrence + Memorial Hospital offers job shadowing to students and community members. The program allows individualsa up to three visits (at the discretion of the department) to observe healthcare workers and the particular skills and skill sets required to work in a healthcare setting. aMust be at least 16 years of age. Anyone under 18 must have parent/guardian consent on all forms. Proof of certain health record information must be provided and confirmed prior to any visit.
More information can be obtained by contacting the Career Development
- Professional Nursing Scholars Program, Open to College juniors and seniors pursuing a BSN.
- Career in Healthcare Scholarship, Open to high school seniors pursuing a degree in healthcare.
- *CAP, Career Advancement Program, a scholarship available to employees only that allows employees to work part-time so they can pursue degrees and licensure in high demand, hard to fill nursing and allied health careers.
Internships & Senior Projects
- Clinical - Colleges must enter into a contract with L+M. To inquire, the school may contact the Career Development Programs Manager for a list of availability
- Non-clinical - College and High School level positions - Career Counselors must contact the Career Development Programs Manager for a list of availability
Career Development programs - many open to the public
- Career Advisement
- *CAP - Career Advancement Program- available to employees only.
- *SAW - School At Work® - available to employees only.
- Conversational English training.
- Central CT State University RN to BSN cohort. CCSU professor teach onsite classes for those interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing. As of spring 2009 we are looking for RNs to start a new cohort. For more information contact Career Development.
- CPC coding exam prep course - DNB Medical Consulting. LLC. Holds AAPC, CPC designation certification preparation classes onsite. Classes forming now. Next session starting Thursday March 5, 2009 from 5:30 to 7:30. For more information contact Career Development.
- Work-For-It-Summer Youth program. An Eastern CT Workforce Investment funded program. Interested applicants must inquire through the New London Office of Youth Affairs.
*Programs offered to benefited employees only
**All scholarships are subject to annual review and are offered at the discretion of the organization