Lawrence + Memorial is a not-for-profit, general, acute care, private hospital that has been serving this region since 1912. We are licensed for 280 beds and provide patient care to medical, surgical, pediatric, rehab, psychiatric and obstetrical patients.
Our staff has more than 2,400 highly skilled professional, technical and support personnel representing virtually every diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitative specialty.
Specialty areas include:
- Critical care
- The region's only inpatient rehab unit
- The region's only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- CT scanning and magnetic resonance imaging
- Interventional radiology
- Nationally recognized cardiac rehabilitation program which supports acute and step-down coronary care units caring for people who have had heart attacks
- Sleep Center- located at Hilton Garden Inn, Groton
Hospital-Affiliated Physician Practice Locations:
Groton, East Lyme, Old Lyme, New London, Mystic, Stonington (Pawcatuck), Fishers Island, NY, Niantic and Westerly, RI
Our primary service area includes 10 towns along the Connecticut shoreline between Rhode Island and the Connecticut River and as far inland as Montville. The hospital is an important health care provider for the residents of Fishers Island, New York, the area known as Washington County, Rhode Island, and other parts of eastern Connecticut. Our total service area population is approximately 180,000 people, expanding to 250,000 in the summer.
Inside the hospital
Affiliates and Facilities of Lawrence + Memorial
- Joslin Diabetes Center affiliate at Lawrence + Memorial - New London and Mystic
- Center for Hospice Care
- Community Partnerships for a healthy community
- Visiting Nurses Association of Southeastern Connecticut
- Provides over 100,000 home care visits annually to patients in our region
- Lawrence + Memorial Medical Group
- Occupational Rehabilitation