Here at L+M our pediatric care unit is combined with adult care
- Our nurses that work on this unit have been specially trained in the care of pediatric patients.
- Pediatric patients are placed in private rooms. The TV in the pediatric rooms has DVD/VCR players.
- A bed is provided in the room for a parent to spend the night.
- Children are encouraged to bring their own pajamas from home to promote familiarity. You may wish to bring a stuffed animal or security item with you.
- The playroom is available for children with non contagious illness. There is a wide range of toys, games and VHS/DVD movies. If your child is not allowed in the play room due to a contagious illness you are invited to take toys, games to your child's room.
- We try to make your child's and your stay as comfortable as possible.
Pediatric weight management and Healthy lifestyles - HELP kids
HELP kids is an interactive program for children 6-13 years old and their parents. Our team consists of a nutritionist, social worker, and exercise physiologist.
The goal of HELP kids is to
- Increase the knowledge of healthy eating
- Increase physical fitness
- Improve self esteem
- Increase the knowledge of disease processes linked to obesity
- Demonstrate behaviors that promote a healthy lifestyle
Game Plan, the program consist of pre-measurements, pre-parent meetings, 8 weeks of interactive classes, post measurements and post parent meetings.
Please call Laurel Holmes 860-442-0733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.