Lawrence + Memorial Hospital's Imaging Department offers the best in technology, clinical expertise and patient experience in Southeastern CT. L+M's new 3T MRI, the most advanced magnetic resonance imaging technology currently available, providing a clearer picture for more reliable diagnosis.
Our highly skilled staff is registered and licensed, and performs complex exams using state-of-the-art technology, lowering radiation dosage and improving care by utalizing the latest imaging techniques. What makes us unique is that we understand the delicate balance between technology and compassion. We remain committed to providing our patients with exceptional care.
Our Imaging Department encompasses many services including Radiography(X-ray), General Ultrasound, Cardiovascular Ultrasound (Echocardiology and Vascular Ultrasound), Nuclear Medicine, PET CT, MRI, CT, Breast Imaging (Mammography), and Bone Densitometry.
Keeping Patients Safe - L+M's Radiation Safety Program
The goal of our Radiation Safety Program is to provide patients with technically excellent exams, while keeping radiation dosage as low as reasonably achievable(ALARA).
The following are some of the safeguards we have established for our program:
- All staff working with radiation - technologists, radiologists and physicians- are required annually to complete a competency on radiation safety review.
- We provide Patient exam cards. Another way for a patient and their physician to keep track of their radiation exams.
- We provide patient education before the start of an examination.
- All equipment is monitored annually by our radiation physicist.
- When purchasing new equipment, selecting units that decrease radiation exposure amounts and maintain the highest clarity in image.