L+M Research Committee
The Lawrence + Memorial Hospital Institutional Review Board (IRB), or Research Committee, oversees all research conducted at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital and its affiliates.
The IRB's main functions are to encourage, facilitate, and support the performance of clinical research by health care professionals, and to protect the rights and welfare of human research subjects. The IRB operates in conformity with federal regulations of the United States Department of Health and Human Services and its Office for Human Research Protections.
The committee is composed of at least five members and includes physicians, non-physician hospital staff, at least one member of the community not otherwise affiliated with the hospital, and at least one member from a non-scientific background or profession. The committee meets quarterly on the second Friday of January, April, July, and October.
Researchers interested in performing clinical research or clinical trials at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital, or patients with questions about a research study, may contact the IRB at 860-442-0711, extension 2514.
- Nancy Cruz, Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steven Peterec, M.D., Committee Chairman; Division of Neonatology, email@example.com
- David Bellas, Ph.D., Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Josee Cloutier, M.D., Department of Family Medicine
- Tricia Jacobsen, M.D., Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Benjamin Newton, M.D., Department of Hematology and Oncology
- Dan Rissi, M.D., Vice President, Chief Medical & Clinical Operations Officer
- Ira Siko, M.D., Department of Radiology
- Jill Fallon, R.N., Cancer Center and Medical Infusion, Nurse Manager
- Bill McGann, Deacon
- Warren Rogers, Pharmacy, Director
- Anna Sawin, Community member
- Ryan Todd, HIPAA Compliance Program Manager