L+M Research Committee
The Lawrence + Memorial Hospital Institutional Review Board (IRB), or Research Committee, oversees all research conducted at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital and its affiliates.
The IRB's main functions are to encourage, facilitate, and support the performance of clinical research by health care professionals, and to protect the rights and welfare of human research subjects. The IRB operates in conformity with federal regulations of the United States Department of Health and Human Services and its Office for Human Research Protections.
The committee is composed of at least five members and includes physicians, non-physician hospital staff, at least one member of the community not otherwise affiliated with the hospital, and at least one member from a non-scientific background or profession. The committee meets quarterly on the second Friday of January, April, July, and October.
Researchers interested in performing clinical research or clinical trials at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital, or patients with questions about a research study, may contact the IRB at 860-442-0711, extension 2514.
- Sheila Fritz, Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bellas, Ph.D., Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Karen Buck, R.N., Director of Perioperative and Perinatal Services
- Brian Musiak, R.Ph, Pharmacy, Director
- Anthony Carter, MD, Physician Member
- Anna Sawin, Community member
- Debbie Carson, Community member