Department of Education & Clinical Simulation Center
The Department of Education at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital is staffed with Clinical Educators and Clinical Resource Nurses who provide educational resources, clinical expertise, and clinical staff professional development opportunities for Nurses, PCA's, Surgical Technicians, Emergency Room Technicians and Health Unit Coordinators.
We provide orientation annual ongoing in service opportunity that develop and strengthen clinical practice to support the PCS shared vision to offer excellent, safe care, focusing first on the well being of our patients.
- Specialty orientation using computer-based education and clinical simulation opportunities
- Residency Programs Include;
- New Graduate
- Medical/Surgical Residency
- Critical Care Residency
- Emergency Department Residency
- AHA Training Center
- Approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Connecticut Nurses' Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission of Accreditation
- Coordination of student clinical experiences
- Student Nurse Affiliations
- Community Education
The Clinical Simulation Center at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital is staffed by Paramedics and Clinical Educators. The center offers innovative computerized mannequins for staff to be trained in real life scenarios that will give our healthcare providers additional confidence, experience and knowledge based critical thinking.
Clinical Design Unit that support the novice nurse in their transition to professional nursing practice.
Student Nurse Affiliations
Lawrence + Memorial Hospital welcomes all Student Nurse Affiliates. We are committed to providing an innovative learning environment.
Our affiliations institutions include:
- Three Rivers Community College
- Gateway Community College
- Central Connecticut State University
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Quinnipiac University
- University of Rhode Island
We invite matriculated nursing students looking for a clinical practicum. Please contact the Department of Education by email EducationCR@lmhosp.org.
Current academic preceptor matriculated nursing students are:
- University of Hartford
- Sacred Heart University
- Goodwin College