Visitors Are Welcome
Visits from family and friends can speed recovery, so visitors are encouraged at L+M. Since visiting in some cases may be restricted, friends and relatives may call 860-442-0711, extension 2200, to see if a patient can receive visitors.
These few guidelines will help ensure a pleasant visit and help the hospital continue to care for its patients:
- As a service to our patients, their families and visitors, Lawrence + Memorial Hospital offers FREE Valet Parking weekdays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Faire Harbour Place Entrance. Or, visitors may use the parking garage or nearby lots. There is no charge.
- Visitors should enter the Main Entrance and check in at the Information Desk.
- Persons with colds, rashes or infections should not visit.
- Lawrence + Memorial is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is prohibited in the hospital as well as on all hospital grounds.
- Cellular phone use is restricted and may only be used in the following locations: the hospital lobbies, family lounges, the cafeteria and waiting areas.
- Patients may be on medically controlled diets. Visitors are asked not to bring candy, fruit, pizza, milkshakes or other liquids or foods without first checking with the nurse.
- Balloons are permitted in the hospital except in the Intensive & Coronary Care Units. Mylar balloons are the only balloons permitted for pediatric patients.
- Flowers are permitted in most hospital rooms. They are not allowed in the Intensive or Coronary Care Units. Please provide a container for cut flowers brought for patients.
FREE Valet Parking
Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm at Faire Harbour Entrance
This service is available weekdays at the Same-Day Surgery/ Emergency Department Entrance, Faire Harbour Place, New London. The service is not available on weekends or holidays. Guests should look for the "Valet Parking" sign near the entrance and for the valet attendants wearing a red shirt or jacket. Leave your keys with the fully-insured attendant. When leaving, present your ticket to the valet attendant where you entered and they will retrieve your car.
- Intensive Care (ICU) & Coronary Care Units (CCU)
24-hour visitation for immediate family.
- Medical/Surgical Units
1 p.m. - 8 p.m. daily for visitors 12 years or older.
- Hospice Inpatient Unit
24-hour visitation for immediate family. 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. for friends.
- Labor/delivery/recovery/post-partum (LDRP)
During active labor and the first two-hours after birth, only support people designated by the patient may visit. Fathers, grandparents and significant others may visit anytime. Others 12 years or older may visit from 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. Brothers and sisters of the new baby are welcome to visit when accompanied by an adult.
Siblings may visit with documented proof of varicella immunization by the primary care provider. Non-sibling children under twelve (12) years of age shall not routinely be admitted as visitors. No more than two visitors at a time, please.
Parents and grandparents anytime; brothers and sisters under 12 may visit when accompanied by an adult; and other family members and friends 1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Pond House
Monday through Friday 1 to 2 pm and 7 to 8 pm, daily. For the safety of all patients, all items that are brought in for patients must be checked at the desk. For the consideration of other patients, all children (family only), must be supervised by an adult, speak quietly, remain in designated visiting area with no running or jumping. Only 2 visitors are allowed at one time in designated visiting areas only.
- Operating Room
Families of surgery patients may wait in the OR (Operating) Waiting Room located on Third Floor near the Red Elevator. Beepers are available to family members waiting to hear from surgeons.
Exceptions to these hours may be made, based on individual circumstances.
Dining at L+M's Cafeteria
The cafeteria is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week for beverages and pre-prepared and packaged items.
Breakfast 6:15 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Coffee 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Snack 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Gifts and Self-serve access to Flower Arrangements
Gifts and personal items may be purchased in the hospital's gift shop in the main lobby. Hours are Monday through Friday 9:30a.m.- 8p.m.; Saturday and Sunday from 12:30p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Again, be sure to check with a patient's primary care nurse or physician before giving candy or other edibles. Visit our Gift Shop. You can purchase flower arrangements from the self-serve automated display found in the Main Lobby across from the Lobby Gift Shop.