The Lawrence + Memorial Cancer Center provides local access to expert cancer care and treatment to southeastern Connecticut and the surrounding communities, including western Rhode Island and Fishers Island, New York.
Located in southeastern Connecticut, the L+M Cancer Center offers a number of clinical services in the treatment of cancer.
Our clinical services include:
- Medical oncology, includes chemotherapy and infusion treatments.
- Hematology services, offered by our medical oncology team. Skilled care from compassionate, local providers for patients with any type of non-cancerous disorders affecting the blood, lymph nodes, and bone marrow.
- Radiation oncology, provided by Yale School of Medicine. Radiation services offered at the Cancer Center include image-guided radiation therapy, intensity–modulated radiation therapy, cone beam computed topography, prone breast positioning, Calypso, Rapid Arc and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy(SBRT).
- Gynecologic (GYN) oncology, by Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island. Providing specialized treatment for cancers of the reproductive system occurring in women, including, but not limited to, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, endometrial cancer and cervical cancer.
- Lab services, available on site. For the convenience of patients receiving treatment at the center, laboratory testing services are also housed in the restful environment of the L+M Cancer Center.
- On-site Pharmacy services: The medical oncology unit includes an on-site pharmacyand is staffed by experienced Clinical Pharmacists, with oncology certifications in the practice of oncology pharmacy. The pharmacy staff is nationally certified Pharmacy technicians to assure efficient and safe preparation and administration of all chemotherapeutic agents. To enhance patient safety, use of advanced technologies, such as a computerized ordering system and bar-coded medications are deployed. Our pharmacists are available to answer patient questions. The pharmacy is unable to fill personal prescriptions.
Comprehensive Care Treats the Whole Patient
In addition to extensive clinical services, the L+M Cancer Center offers complementary care and support services. We recognize that a cancer diagnosis can affect every aspect of life for you and your loved ones; our dedicated physicians and support staff are committed to providing care for every area.
The L+M Cancer Center was built with our patients’ comfort in mind. In addition to the on-site lab and pharmacy, which provide convenience and improve ease of treatment, the facility's woodland setting provides a tranquil atmosphere for healing. As the building was designed, suggestions from cancer survivors, physicians, nurses and other care experts were implemented, creating a space that truly encompasses all facets of cancer care.