Electrophysiology and Cardiac Arrhythmias
Lawrence + Memorial (L+M) heart rhythm specialists care for patients with irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias), heart palpitations and slow and rapid heart rhythms.
Our cardiac electrophysiologists treat patients with all types of heart rhythm disorders including:
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Brugada syndrome
- Long QT syndrome
- Premature atrial and ventricular beats
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Supraventricular tachycardia
- Ventricular arrhythmias
- Ventricular tachycardia and fibrillation
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome
- Antiarrhythmic medications
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) for congestive heart failure
- Electrical cardioversion
- Defibrillator implantation (implantable cardioverter defibrillator - ICD)
- Pacemaker implantation
- Loop recorder insertion
Procedures Performed at Yale New Haven Hospital
As part of Yale New Haven Health, patients have access to these procedures at Yale New Haven Hospital: catheter ablations for arrhythmias; left atrial appendage occlusion device implantation (i.e., Watchman™ device); and laser lead extractions.
Patients may also be eligible to participate in clinical trials related to electrophysiology and cardiac arrhythmias.