The clinical and anatomic pathology laboratories at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital provide timely, quality, and accurate test results that are important to patients and physicians, and inform clinical decision-making.
The clinical laboratories are equipped with "cutting edge" instrumentation and information management technology, and employ a skilled and highly qualified team of managers, medical technologists, technicians, and phlebotomists.
The anatomic pathology department is staffed with five AP/CP board-certified pathologists and one pathology assistant. All areas of general surgical pathology, including bone marrows/lymph nodes, are covered. Areas of sub-specialization include gastrointestinal tract, liver, breast, and lung. Non-gynecologic cytology services, including rapid interpretation, are available. An in-house pathologist from 8am - 5pm (M-F), 9am -12 noon (Sat). An on-call pathologist is available every day/weekend. Autopsy services are offered. The pathologists provide oversight of all Laboratory Divisions, including Pequot Health Center, L+M Cancer Center, Flanders Health Center and L+M Medical Office Building, New London.
Lawrence + Memorial Hospital Main Laboratory, Pequot Laboratory and L+M Cancer Center Laboratory are accredited by the College of American Pathologists and Joint Commission, and participate in extensive internal and external quality control programs.
Lawrence + Memorial Laboratory is full service, operating 24 hours a day, 365 days.
Laboratory services include:
- Anatomic Pathology/Histology
- Blood Bank, including Transfusion Services
- Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis
Lawrence + Memorial Lab has an extensive outreach program.
- Home Blood Draws: may be scheduled at the request of the physician for true homebound patients. To schedule, call 860-444-5101 (Lab Main Office).
- Specimen Drop Boxes: To request a box, call 860-442-0711 ext 3091, Audrey Turner, Outreach Manager, or Lab Director, Nicole Gomes, 860-271-4842.
- Courier services: To request scheduled or STAT pickup service, call the Main Lab at 860-444-5101. Lab couriers are scheduled from 11am to 10pm. Requests outside of these hours can be accommodated by calling 860-444-5101.
- Patient lab reports can be faxed, mailed, or printed to an office printer. These reports can be scheduled to print daily. To set up a report print schedule, call Audrey Turner or Nicole Gomes.
Four outpatient access sites located in New London, Groton, and East Lyme: