Steadfast support for the hospital and its mission has made the Auxiliary of Lawrence + Memorial Hospital one of the region’s most distinguished charitable organizations.
Founded just two years after the opening of the Joseph Lawrence Free Public Hospital in 1912, the small but dedicated group of women led by Nanine Lawrence Pond has grown to include hundreds of women and men who have given thousands of hours helping L+M Hospital meet the medical needs of its patients in southeastern Connecticut.
With almost 350 plus members, the Auxiliary always welcomes new members who participate in our fundraising events and support our activities through annual membership dues. Our most recent fundraising efforts allowed us to turn over more than $181,000 to the hospital in 2018. This provided funding for continued support of various hospital programs, benefiting patients, their families and the community.
Our funding has helped support such programs and departments as Speech and Language Pathology, the Visiting Nurse Association of Southeastern Connecticut, Respiratory and Renal, “The Daisy Award” and the Healing Garden, an area set aside for families and friends who need a place to find comfort and quiet. In addition, we have supported the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Special Needs Closet and the Move a Muscle Program.
These are just a few of the many programs we have funded over the years, and we look forward to providing for many more in the future. Auxiliary funding has supported many programs at the hospital with a powerful sense of purpose and camaraderie carried through the decades.
Join the Lawrence + Memorial Hospital Auxiliary